The Student Newspaper of Saint Peter's Prep

The Petroc

The Petroc

The Petroc

Thumbs Up Thumbs Down

Thumbs Up Thumbs Down

Thumbs up-

Prep’s Resilience- This article’s cherished thumbs up goes to everyone at Grand and Warren. This past month we all faced many difficulties because of Hurricane Sandy; whether it was at home, worrying about your friends, or even at our second home, Prep. Everyone in our community was tested, and every single one of us rose to the occasion in a way only Prep men and women can do. From the custodians working all hours to get the buildings back up and running, to the administration deliberating over the best course of action, or even us, the students, learning to cope with the many changes we were, and somewhat still are, facing. We all deserve a pat on the back, and although this event brought upon us a lot of difficulties, it showed us all what we are truly capable of.

Thumbs down-

Philadelphia Eagles- Alright, to get one thing straight, if you are an Eagles fan and you live in this state, you should really take the time to head over to the Campus Ministry office and learn from Doc and Ms. Toomb on how to self-reflect because evidently, you have made some very questionable decisions. This team is literally pathetic. Let’s see, you know that baseball team the Philadelphia Phillies? Their season ended on October 3rd, and their last win was on October 1st. The Eagles last win was on September 30th. A baseball team that did not even make it to the World Series, from the same city as the Eagles, has won a game more recently than this disgrace of a team. Like I said, learn how to do some self-reflection, and find out what team you should really root for. P.S. The Giants and Jets have their home stadium 20 minutes from Prep.

* Editors Note: This article was written before December 2, 2012