The Student Newspaper of Saint Peter's Prep

The Petroc

The Petroc

The Petroc

A Gift Guide for Prep Teachers

A Gift Guide for Prep Teachers

Though the holiday season has come and gone for another year, it’s never too late for students to express gratitude for their teachers! From English to Theology, here is a list capturing the ‘wishes’ from some of our beloved faculty reflecting their shared passion for teaching and connection with their students.

English Department: Ms. Laurie’s Wish

Ms. Laurie has a heartfelt wish. She would love to receive handwritten cards from her students. These tokens of appreciation will find a special place in her classroom, creating a warm and welcoming environment for both her and her students.

Math Department: Ms. A’s Wish

Ms. A’s wish is simple, but meaningful. She hopes her students will be good and take a moment to come and say hello during free periods. It’s a small gesture that can go a long way in fostering a positive teacher-student relationship.

History Department: Ms. McElroy’s Wish

Ms. McElroy desires active participation in her classes, especially during discussions! She jokingly proposes that students should aim for at least three out of five days of engagement, subtly acknowledging the notorious “Monday blues” and the “Friday daydreams” that may occasionally hinder optimal focus. This wish reflects her commitment to creating an interactive and dynamic learning environment.

Science Department: Mr. Kuhl’s Wish

Mr. Kuhl has a simple request: a medium iced coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts. It’s a small indulgence that can undoubtedly brighten his day, showing appreciation for his dedication to teaching.

Science Department: Mr. Puhak’s Wish

Mr. Puhak would be pleasantly surprised by a gift related to his subjects, such as chemistry or physics-inspired desk accessories. This thoughtful gesture would not only demonstrate the student’s attentiveness in class, but also highlight the connection between teacher and student.

World Languages Department: Sra. Torres’s Wish

Senora Torres has a wish that extends beyond material gifts. She hopes her students are well-prepared and perform admirably throughout the year. Additionally, spending quality time with family and continuing to learn both students’ target languages and their cultures would be the ideal gift for her.

Theology Department: Mr. Prescia’s Wish

Mr. Prescia has a clear preference: “Coffee, coffee, coffee… or tea.” This humorous request highlights the stress relief that a simple cup of coffee or tea can provide. It’s a small act of kindness that can make a big difference during the hectic holiday season.

As students consider how to express their appreciation throughout the second semester, these insights into the wishes of handful of Saint Peter’s Prep teachers provide thoughtful ideas for heartwarming gifts that go beyond the ordinary. Whether it’s a handwritten note, a friendly hello, active participation, a favorite beverage, or a commitment to learning, these gestures will surely make time and Grand and Warren extra special for the dedicated faculty at Saint Peter’s Prep.