The Student Newspaper of Saint Peter's Prep

The Petroc

The Petroc

The Petroc

Another Year, Another Great Prep Tradition on Display

This year’s Christmas video was definitely one for the ages. It was especially unique to me because I was able to see much of the ‘behind-the-scenes’ work and even some of the scenes themselves. The short film was a spin-off of Elf, hence the name PRelf. The stars are Nick Valente, who plays the main character and a normal Prep student, and Evan Donath, who plays an elf from the North Pole participating in an exchange program. My favorite part about the movie was the humor that could be found in the extras during filming. Because the outfits and dialogue were just so outrageous, passersby could only look in awe and confusion at what was happening, not knowing they would be an extra for the movie.

According to the directors, most of the film was shot just days before its actual release at our annual Christmas Mass. It is very impressive that the crew faced setbacks in terms of actor availability and the editing process, but still managed to get things done on time in order to give us a meaningful movie. Props to Rocco Barone, Lucas Johnson, and Michael Egan especially. Their senior presence will be missed next year at the Film Club! They churned out an amazing product, as always, and it delivered.