The Student Newspaper of Saint Peter's Prep

The Petroc

The Petroc

The Petroc

Healthcare: The Romney Perspective

Healthcare: The Romney Perspective

Maybe the most critical issue during the 2012 election is the direction of healthcare for the next 4 years. Unlike President Obama, Governor Romney wants to change the direction of health care. Romney plans on returning health care responsibilities to states being that it is a state matter and states represent their general population best. Romney supports Medicare for current subscribers and those eligible today will have full benefits. The future of health care will end high taxing by discriminating against private health care and even support the costumer’s choice.

The “Obamacare” legislation, which is 2,400 pages long, is dangerous for our country and Mitt Romney wants nothing like it on a national level. The new “Romney-Care” plan keeps the peoples best interests (reducing the fiscal deficit) while promoting care for those ill by attracting the best health professionals and growing the medical field. This will happen through flexibility plans which will be one of the few plans imposed on states. This plan will suggest states should make it easier for the chronically ill or those with pre-existing conditions to be able to see the best professionals even out of state.

The Romney plan is simple: state leadership while following the guidelines to support our citizens best. It is a risky plan but we are in need of a reformed plan that is more focused on the people and will not raise taxes by a possible $500 billion dollars.