The Student Newspaper of Saint Peter's Prep

The Petroc

The Petroc

The Petroc

The Intriguing Connection Between Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift

Where do I start! The relationship between Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce has taken over our pop culture world. Taylor Swift fans have sought interest in the NFL, the Kansas City Chiefs and, specifically, Travis Kelce. Meanwhile, NFL fans have shown interest in Taylor Swift and her music. 

This couple has brought interest to both Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce, but let’s break down Travis’s side first. The NFL has televised many Chiefs games this year and it has made an impact. Taylor is bringing her fans over to the game, guiding her legion of followers who haven’t been fans of the NFL to the gridiron! We have seen a jump in Chiefs game viewers, tickets sold and Travis Kelce jersey sales. Not only that, but Kelce’s stats have evidently gotten better when Taylor is in the stands. Most importantly, the Chiefs have an undefeated record when Taylor attends their games. Chiefs coach Andy Reid says, “Taylor Swift can stay around all she wants.”

Taylor has also received a lot of recognition from football fans. More people have been taking a peek into her music, some even becoming ‘Swifties’ themselves, illustrating the far-reaching impact of the relationship.

That being said, I am fascinated to see where these two can go and how it will continue to impact each other’s careers. Are the Chiefs — and Swift — Super Bowl Bound?